Walk & Wade
When a boat is not an option, let our professional Walk & Wade Guides lead you to the best fishing spots for guaranteed success!
Guided Walk & Wade trips are available by request or when it simply makes more sense. So when the use of boats becomes prohibited due to high water or slow fishing, we have available the smaller, more intimate systems less impacted by heavy rains.
Through our time on the water and our vast network of regional intelligence sources, we’re able to gather up to the hour information and make the best decision as to where to fly fish in the region, resulting in success even during the toughest periods. Leave the guess work to us and we’ll make certain that you’re over fish.
We employ some of the top instructors and fly fishing guides in Ontario and there focus is on improving your skills regardless of your skill level.
Full day walk and wade on upper Grand
$275.00 1 person. $100.00 / extra person up to 3 persons / instructor.
½ day walk and wade on upper Grand
$200.00 1 person. $75.00 / extra person up to 3 persons / instructor.
Full day walk and wade abroad
$400.00 1 person. $100.00 / extra person up to 3 persons / instructor.
Lunch is included on full day trips
What Should You Bring on Your Trip?
In order to fully enjoy your day and reach your optimum target, it is necessary to bring all the right tools.
We have a list of exactly what you’ll need:
- Waders (without studded soles please)
- Appropriate weight rod and reel
- Sunglasses, hat and sun block
- Rain gear
- A valid Ontario fishing license
- If you tie your own flies and prefer to use them, ask for a list of patterns required for your trip.
We can also provide a list of terminal tackle required for your trip or ship you a package which will meet those requirements, on request.
We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance for your trip.
- Should Grand River Outfitting & Fly Shop or any guide sub-contracted by GRO cancel the trip for any reason, a full refund of the deposit will be given or the deposit may be applied to an alternative date.
- Should the client cancel the trip for any reason within 14 days, the deposit (50% of total cost) will be held by GRO. The deposit (50% of total cost) may be applied once to a re-scheduled trip within that calendar year.
- Should the client cancel within 48 hours, the cost of the entire trip will be charged to the credit card.