The Drift Boat & Our Ontario Drift Boat Guides
Get unrestricted access to the best fly fishing Ontario has to offer, courtesy of our Drift Boat Guides.
Conceived and popularized on the U.S. west coast, drift boats were the first river craft used by serious anglers. Despite widespread use in the U.S. and Canada’s west, the drift boat craze has not yet taken hold in southern Ontario. What this means is, that with a drift boat, we can access vast expanses of rivers that receive little and often no pressure. GRO guests have access to the best fly fishing in Ontario.
GRO’s drift boat operators are all veterans of the trade and utilize all of the available rivers in Southern Ontario. These are some of the top fly fishing guides in the province!
$500.00 + HST (flat rate, max 2 anglers per boat)
Includes a full day’s tour & lunch (including non-alcoholic beverage)
What Should You Bring on Your Trip?
In order to fully enjoy your day and reach your optimum target, it is necessary to bring all the right tools.
We have a list of exactly what you’ll need:
- Waders (without studded soles please)
- Appropriate weight rod and reel
- Sunglasses, hat and sun block
- Rain gear
- A valid Ontario fishing license
- If you tie your own flies and prefer to use them, ask for a list of patterns required for your trip.
We can also provide a list of terminal tackle required for your trip or ship you a package which will meet those requirements, on request.
We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance for your trip.
- Should Grand River Outfitting & Fly Shop or any guide sub-contracted by GRO cancel the trip for any reason, a full refund of the deposit will be given or the deposit may be applied to an alternative date.
- Should the client cancel the trip for any reason within 14 days, the deposit (50% of total cost) will be held by GRO. The deposit (50% of total cost) may be applied once to a re-scheduled trip within that calendar year.
- Should the client cancel within 48 hours, the cost of the entire trip will be charged to the credit card.