For many anglers, steelhead are enigmatic and out of reach. If standing in 3 degree water, making a few hundred casts and maybe getting a bump on your fly for your efforts is the idea of a good day, than you’re ready for our steelhead course. The truth is though that steelhead are not difficult to fool and we’ll make the puzzle come together and along the way explain the many “why’s”.
This course will highlight:
- Timing the run and the signs to look for to time the highest percentage fishing within the run.
- Why and when they move and why and where they hold.
- Main stream techniques, advance techniques and the casts used to deal with them.
- The equipment you need and why you need it.
- We’ll discuss why two handed rods have gained popularity so you can decide if one might be in your future.
- How water temperature impacts behavior and how one should react to it.
As a prelude to the Fall Steelhead course, consider our Advanced Casting course and/or two handed casting lessons.