If you want to take your fly casting to the next level, join Mikey Metcalf and Rob Heal on August 23rd for our Advanced Casting Clinic. Mikey and Rob are both FFF Certified Casting Instructors with over 50 years of experience instructing all skill levels.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
THE BASICS OF THE COURSE
We will illustrate that fundamental casting is the foundation for successful fly fishing, but, in order to be consistently successful, one must learn to deal with all contingencies. This course focuses on advanced casts that will better serve you in tough situations. Tailored for individuals with at least an intermediate skill level (you should be able to perform a single haul and shoot 10 to 15 feet of line) this course will augment your current casting arsenal with a broader array of situational casts and “in air” mends.
Your instructors will illustrate what types of situations and conditions warrant these advanced strategies and show you exercises to better learn the following casts and techniques:
- Single and double hauling.
- Reach, Tuck, Stack, and Curve casts.
- Distance casting.
- Casts that will allow you to deal with heavy wind.
- Proper shooting head techniques.
- Casting sinking tips and indicator rigs.
- Advanced roll casting including singlehanded spey casts.
- Other tricks we’ve picked up over the years to further your success.
Rate: $75.00 + tax/student