Fly fishing for trout requires the most technical and diverse range of knowledge in the game. We will cover everything you need to know to put you on the road to consistent success.
What Will You Learn?
The Basics of the Course
An on-stream seminar that will introduce you to a more diverse world of trout angling with the focus on adaptation and reacting to change. This clinic begins with a detailed look at hatches and the finesse required to succeed during those magical times when the bugs are cooperating and concludes with the “in your face” approach to hunting trophy trout with large, aggressive streamers during the tough days.
- Water temperature and how it affects insects and other forage.
- Water temperature relating to trout.
- How changing river flows need to be addressed.
- Insects and their behavior relating to fly selection.
- The importance of recognizing rise forms.
- Nymph, emerger and dry fly tactics.
- Advanced casts and terminal set ups.
- The rods and reels required to perform and enhance your overall experience.
- Plus much more
We will also discuss the many “fringe” season opportunities available in southern Ontario as for many, the rods and reels go on rack on the 30th of September. Missing out on these weeks means missing out on some of the best trout fishing of the year and we’ll look at rivers and regions that offer these opportunities. This also sets you up for the chance to hook a steelhead as the majority of the rivers that offer extended seasons do so to coincide with the fall run. So if hooking a hot as a hell 8lb rainbow on a six weight puts a little starch in your britches, then you’re ready for the class.
$90.00 + HST for 1 student
( See our Community Calendar for scheduled courses. )
- Should Grand River Outfitting & Fly Shop or any instructor sub-contracted by GRO cancel the course/trip for any reason, a full refund of the deposit will be given or the deposit may be applied to an alternative date.
- Should the client cancel the course/trip for any reason within 14 days, the deposit (50% of total cost) will be held by GRO. The deposit (50% of total cost) may be applied once to a re-scheduled course within that calendar year.
- Should the client cancel within 48 hours, the cost of the entire course will be charged to the credit card.