Advanced Level Casting
Learn the casts and mending techniques that make the best fly anglers successful.
What Will You Learn?
The Basics of the Course
We will illustrate that fundamental casting is the foundation for successful fly fishing, but, in order to be consistently successful, one must learn to deal with all contingencies. This course focuses on advanced casts that will better serve you in tough situations. Tailored for individuals with at least an intermediate skill level (you should be able to perform a single haul and shoot 10 to 15 feet of line) this course will augment your current casting arsenal with a broader array of situational casts and “in air” mends.
The DetailsYour instructor will illustrate what types of situations and conditions warrant these advanced strategies and show you exercises to better learn the following casts and techniques:
- Single and double hauling.
- Reach, Tuck, Stack and Curve casts.
- Distance casting.
- Casts that will allow you to deal with heavy wind.
- Proper shooting head techniques.
- Casting sinking tips and indicator rigs.
- Advanced roll casting including singlehanded spey casts.
- Other tricks we've picked up over the years to further your success.
$90.00 + HST for 1 student
( See our community calendar for scheduled courses. )
- Should Grand River Outfitting & Fly Shop or any instructor sub-contracted by GRO cancel the course for any reason, a full refund of the deposit will be given or the deposit may be applied to an alternative date.
- Should the client cancel the course for any reason within 14 days, the deposit (50% of total cost) will be held by GRO. The deposit (50% of total cost) may be applied once to a re-scheduled course within that calendar year.
- Should the client cancel within 48 hours, the cost of the entire course will be charged to the credit card.